3ヶ月ルールが明けた金曜日、首都アクラへ行ってきました。朝7時には任地を出るつもりだったのに、トイレの水漏れを直したり、マラリア予防薬を飲み忘れそうになって家に戻ったりして、1時間遅れで出発。午前中は、JICA事務所でボランティア調整員の方たちと打ち合わせなど。午後は、ひたすらショッピング。任地では手に入らない生活用品や、来週イギリスで会う友だちへのお土産などを買いました。
Since the 3 months rule had expired, I went to Accra last Friday. I wanted to leave my house around 7:00 am, but I left 1 hour later because I had to fix the toilet which started to leaking from the tank before I leave home, and also I had to return home to take Malaria pilll which I forgot to take earlier. After I got to Accra, I had meetings in JICA office with volunteer coordinators in the morning, then in the afternoon I enjoyed shopping at Accra Mall to get things I can't find in Akosombo, and at souvenir shops to get something for my friends in England.
本当は日帰りするつもりだったんだけど、帰路につく時間が予定より遅れたので、週末の帰宅&帰省ラッシュに巻き込まれてしまい、アクラ中心部から地方へ向かうトロトロは満席のしか走っていないし、雨も降ってきて強くなる一方だし。諦めて、担当調整員に許可をもらい、一泊してから帰ることにしました。(平日は午後3時を回ると地方へ向かうトロトロをつかまえるのは至難の業らしい)
I was planning to go home in the evening, but I spent too much time for shopping. It was a late evening when I finished shopping and I couldn't get a car because the rush hour had started. Every trotro comes from central Accra was full. Also it started to rain hard. So I gave up going home and asked for the permission to my coordinator to stay one night in Accra. I learnt that it's almost impossible to go country sides from Accra by trotro after 3 pm on weekdays.
夜は、久々に会った同期(といっても、1ヶ月前の隊員総会でも会ったけれど)とまたまた美味しい中華料理を食べに行ったんだけれど、おもしろいことにみんな口を揃えて、「でもやっぱバンクー&フレッシュペペ最高だよね」と。ホームステイが終わった直後は、もうガーナ料理なんて見たくもないと言っていたのに。こうやって、いつのまにか馴染んで行くんだなー。
For supper I had delicious Chinese dishes with my fellow volunteers. It had been about a month since I met them last time. It was very interesting that all of us said "Banku and fresh pepe is the best!" But just 2 months ago we were saying we can't eat anymore Ghanaian foods since all of us had problems in our stomach. I guess we get used to new environment little by little like this.
もちろん、「初心を忘れず」防犯対策や健康管理をすることは大切だけれど、それを「身構えず」出来るようになってきたことが、なんだか誇らしい。日本ではありえないようなことが次々と起こるガーナ。でも、同期で集まると、それも笑い話になってしまうから楽しい。
It is important to keep our tension for security and health condition, but I'm proud of ourselves that we can do it without being too nervous now. Comparerd to Japan, there are many weird things for us happen here. But when we get togather and talk about them, we found ourselves enjoying those happenings.
No comments:
Post a Comment