Monday, 27 September 2010

My Home

数日前から、トイレのタンクが水漏れするようになりました。最初は何故だか分からなかったんだけど、どうやらタンクへの給水が多すぎて、タンクの横上部に空いた穴から水が溢れてきていたのです。

Few days ago my toilet tank started to leaking.  I didn't know why at first, but I found out that it's because the water supply to the tank is too much and strong, so the water stored over the limit started to leak from the hole on the side of the tank.


そもそもタンクの横に穴が開いてるのは問題なので、とりあえずその穴にガムテープを貼ってビニール袋と輪ゴムで補強して塞いでみたら、横穴からの水漏れは止まったんだけれど、翌日もトイレの床が濡れている。よーく見たら、水を流すときに回す取っ手のところからも水漏れしている。でもここは塞げない。

But first of all, it's wrong that there is a hole on the tank.  So I sealed it with tapes, plastic bags, and rubber bands.  I could stop the leaking from the hole, but next day the floor got wet again.  I checked the tank again carefully, then found that the water is also leaking from the bar to flash the toilet, but I can't seal this part.


ブライアンに相談したら、タンクへの給水バルブを絞ってみたら?とのアドバイス。タンクへの給水バルブなんてあったっけ?と家に帰ってから確認してみたら。ありました!予備のトイレットペーパーとかを入れた籠を引っ掛けていたこの取っ手、これ、給水用のバルブだったのね。籠を取ったり掛けたりしているときに、知らずに回してしまっていたのかも。それで急に給水量が増えて水が溜まりすぎるようになったのか。バルブを絞って、ようやく水漏れ解決。

I talked to Brian and he adviced why not tighten the water supply bulb.  I wondered if I had a water supply bulb, but yes, I had it!  I didn't know what it is, but the bar I was hanging the basket to store the extra toilet rolls was actually the bulb for water supply.  Maybe I turned it open more without conscious, then the water started to be supplied too much.  So I tightened it and the problem was solved.


とまぁ、こんな感じで、周りに助けられながら、だいぶ「我が家」にも馴染んできました。基本的にはとても快適な家なので、機会があればぜひ泊まりに来て下さい。

Everything is just like this, helped by neighbors and colleagues, I'm getting settled very well.  Basically the house is very comfortable, so please come and visit when you have chance.

4 comments:

Yoko Gocho said...

おおおお。

なつかしのマイホームよ。

そしてブライアン、ナイス!!

イギリス楽しんでね!わたしは今、デンマーク!

ケーさん、デプティ、ブライアンにもどうぞよろしく!!

I miss Ghanaだよー

satoko said...

We miss you tooだよー。
4月までにもう一度帰ってきて!!

Yuri said...

あれ?知らない間にblogがちゃんとアップされてた!

satoko said...

えー、教えてなかったっけ???おかしいな。。

Post a Comment