Sunday, 20 March 2011

24H

雨季の始まりなので、ほぼ毎日夕方になると雨が降ります。そして、たいていは、ただの雨というよりも嵐のような雨。雨が降ると気温が下がって快適に寝られるので基本的には大歓迎なんだけれど、土曜日のはガーナに来てから体験した中でも一番ひどい嵐でした。

暴風が木々をなぎ倒し、小さな家の屋根は飛ばされ、電線も切れました。リビングでは蛇口をひねったような雨漏りがしたので、新聞紙やバケツを置いてしのぎました。もちろん断水も(でも翌朝、数時間だけ水が出たので洗濯ができました)。

その夜の嵐は2時間くらいでおさまったけれど、電気は24時間戻りませんでした。その夜は満月の光を頼りに水浴びをし、翌日の昼頃には冷蔵庫もただの箱となり、日曜日の暑い午後を扇風機なしで過ごしました。

最初の3時間くらいは、いつものように6-7時間で電気が戻るのではないかと期待していたけれど、その後はもう待つのを諦めました。そうしたら、夕方6時頃、まさに日が沈もうとしていたその時、近所から歓声が聞こえてきました。それは、電気が戻った!という歓声でした。良かったー。


As it is a beginning of rainy season, it rains almost every evening, and usually it's not just a rain but much more like a storm. Usually I like it rains because after the rain the temperature drops and it becomes cool enough to have a good sleep. But on Saturday, it was the heaviest storm I have ever experienced in Ghana.

The strong wind blew trees down, got the roof of small houses away, and cut the electric wires off. I had to put newspapers and a bucket where water falls in the living room. We also had a water cut (fortunately it came back for a while this morning so that I could do laundry).

The storm last night lasted only for about 2 hours, but the electricity didn't come back for 24 hours. I had a bath with the full moon light that night, my fridge turned to be just a box by this afternoon, and I had to spend hot Sunday afternoon without a fan.

First 3 hours without power, I was expecting it will be back within 6 or 7 hours as usual. But after that, I just gave up waiting for it. Then, around 6pm, just before the sun sets, I heard a shout of joy. It was a shout of joy that the electric power has back!! What a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment