金曜日でオリエンテーションが終わり、土曜日はドミトリーで新隊員歓迎会をしてもらい、日曜日に郡役所の車に迎えに来てもらって任地へ移動しました。アファベンにある家では先輩隊員の陽子さんが出迎えてくれて、夜は近くにあるヴォルタ川沿いのステキなレストランで夕食をご馳走になりました。陽子さんはもうすぐ帰国してしまうけど、1週間くらいは同居できるので、私はとてもラッキーです。
We finished the orientation on Friday, attended to the welcome party at dormitory on Saturday, and I moved to my assignment place by the assembly's car on Sunday. The senior volunteer Yoko welcomed me at our house in Afabeng, and she took me to the nice restaurant along the Volta river for supper. She is going back to Japan soon, but I'm very lucky that I can live with her for about a week.
今日はさっそく郡役所へ行ったんだけど、カウンターパートが出張に行ってしまったので、あまりすることがない。同僚のジュリが今日だけ秘書室の代理を頼まれていたので、一緒に行って隣に座り、部屋に来るいろんな人と話したりして一日終わりました。夕方は陽子さんとアコソンボのマーケットへ買い物に行き、帰ってきたら断水していたので、バケツ1杯の水で水浴びをしました。明日は水が出ると良いな!
I went to the district assembly today, but my counterpart was on a business trip, so I didn't have much to do. My colleague Juli was asked to be a secretary just for today, so I went to the secretary's room with her, sat next to her, and spent time just talking with many people who came in. In the evening I went to the market in Akosombo with Yoko, and when we came home we had cuts in water supply, so I had a bath with a bucket of water. I hope the tap runs tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment