Thursday, 26 August 2010

Office Work

2週間のアクラ滞在を終え、日曜日の夕方に任地へ戻ってきました。陽子さんは土曜日に帰国してしまったので、いよいよ本格的な一人暮らしの始まりです。といっても、隣近所はみんな同じく郡役所に勤務している人たちばかりで、何かと助けてくれるので心細くはありません。一昨日も、裏庭でゴミを燃やしていたら、「そろそろ雑草が伸びてきたから、明日草刈してあげるね」と誰か(まだ顔と名前と役職が一致してません)が言ってくれて、昨日仕事から帰ってきたら、本当にキレイに刈ってくれていました。

After two weeks staying in Accra, I came back to my assignment place on Sunday evening.  Yoko left Ghana on Saturday, so now I started to live by myself.  But I'm not so worried since my neighbors are also working in the District Assembly and they help me anytime.  For example, two days ago when I was burning my garbage in the backyard, someone (actually I haven't remembered who is who) walked by and said he will mow grass for me, and the next day when I came home my front yard was cleared very well.


月曜日から郡役所の仕事を始め、作成中の計画書を読ませてもらったり、NGOなどから提出されたレポートを読ませてもらったりしたけれど、これから私がどういうふうに関わっていったら良いのか、まだよく分からない段階。とりあえず、山のように積まれているファイルを整理することから始めることにしました。

I started working in the District Assembly from Monday.  I read many documents such as drafts of development plans or reports submitted by NGOs etc, but I'm not sure yet how I can work on them.   So I started to arrange the piles of files in the office.


ナショナルサービスとして働いていたジュリにも手伝ってもらって、山のようなファイルをプロジェクトの種類別に分けてから、年度順に並べなおしてみました。最初はあまりの乱雑っぷりに「永遠に終わらないかも」と思ったけど、始めてみると、どんなプロジェクトがどんな団体と連携して行われているかとか、郡役所に提出され保管されている書類にはどんな種類があるのかとかが分かってきて面白くなってきました。

Juli who was working as a national service personnel helped me a lot.  We sorted the files by subject then age.  At first I thought we will never finish because they were so messy.  But once we started, I got excited that I can see what kind of projects are implemented, which organisations are collaborated with,  and what kind of documents are submitted to and stored in the District Assembly.


ちなみに、書類は全部英語で書かれているので、英和辞典さえあれば区別をつけられます。公用語がTwi語でなくて助かった!最近Twi語の勉強をさぼっているので、簡単な表現も忘れてきている気がします。

By the way, the documents are all written in English, so I only need English-Japanese dictionary to understand the contents.  I'm really happy that the official language in Ghana is English, not Twi.  I haven't studied Twi these days and I think I'm forgetting even basic expressions already...

No comments:

Post a Comment