Sunday, 29 August 2010

週末の過ごし方

平日は朝8時半頃から夕方5時過ぎまで郡役所に勤務しているので、あまり家事をする余裕がありません。なので、土曜日は6時半に起きて掃除をして洗濯をして、汗をかいたのでシャワーを浴びていたら、、水道が止まりました。こういう時のために家には水を貯めたバケツをたくさん置いてあるので大丈夫だけど、はりきって家事をしようと早起きした朝から一日中断水となるとやはりガックリします。

Since I work in the District Assembly from 8:30 to 17:00 every weekdays, I don't have much time to do household things.  So on Saturday, I woke up 6:30, cleaned house and did laundry, then while I was having shower, the water from tap stopped...  I have stocked water in buckets a lot in my house so there's no problem, but it sucks especially when it stops all day from the morning I woke up early to do household things.


お昼にはお隣のケーさんがガーナ料理を作ってくれました。ケーさんはとても手際良く手間のかかるガーナ料理を作ります。私は調理に使うために焚いている炭火にうちわで風を送るくらいしか手伝えませんでした。

In the afternoon, my neighbor Sister Keh cooked Ghanaian food for me.  She cooks the elaborate dishes very well and I only helped her to fan into the charcoal brazier.


夜は、またまたケーさんに誘われて、ドラマネットワークというNGOが行っているフィルムショーに出掛けました。車で1時間弱のところにあるフィンテという村で、ケーさんが性感染症とHIVについて話をしました。集まったたくさんの老若男女は、真剣にケーさんの話を聞いて質問などもたくさん出ていました。全部Twi語だったので私にはサッパリ分からなくて残念だったけど。

At night, Sister Keh took me to a film show held by a NGO called Drama Network.  We went to a community in Fintey where about 1 hour drive from our place.  Sister Keh talked about STIs and HIV there.  Lots of people came and they listened carefully and asked many questions.  Unfortunately it was all in Twi so i couldn't understand.


フィルムショーが始まる前にNGOの代表者が私のことも紹介してくれたので、会場の写真を撮ってまわっていたら、みんなから「アマ、私たしの写真も撮って」と声をかけられたり、帰るときには「アマ、今夜は来てくれてありがとう。また会おうね」と言ってもらえたりして嬉しかったです。

Before they start the film show the director of the NGO introduced me to the audience, so while I was taking pictures in the venue lots of people talked to me and asked me to take their pictures.  Also when we leave there they greeted me saying "Thanx for coming tonight. See you soon."


アマというのは、私のガーナの名前です。ガーナでは生まれた曜日にちなんで名前をつける伝統があり、土曜日生まれの女性である私はアマとなります。私のカ ウンターパート(ブライアン)をはじめ、みんな公式には英語の名前(クリスチャンネーム?)を使っているけれど、家族の間ではガーナ名で呼び合うようです。

Ama is my Ghanaian name.  In Ghana people name according to the day they were born.  I was born on Saturday so it's Ama.  They usually use English name like my counterpart is Brian, but they also call each other in Ghanaian name at home.


私の日本の名前はガーナ人には覚えにくいらしく、教えてもすぐ忘れちゃったり違う名前になっちゃったりするので、「名前は?」と訊かれたら「アマだよ」と答えることにしています。私のTwi語は本当にまだまだだけれど、それでもガーナ名と基本的な挨拶をTwi語でするだけで、みんなとても喜んで歓迎してくれます。

My Japanese name is difficult to remember for Ghanaians, and they forget or change it often.  So every time they ask my name, I say it's Ama.  My Twi is not good at all but they appreciate it when I greet them and introduce myself in Ghanaian name in very basic Twi.

No comments:

Post a Comment