Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Every Day

このところ連日、断水しています。雨季には断水しても日中の数時間だけ、という感じだったのに、最近はあまり雨が降らないせいか、日中の数時間だけしか水が出なくなってしまいました。雨季の終わりでこんな調子だとすると、乾季にはどうなってしまうんだろう?アコソンボはダムがあるから水の心配はないと思っていたのに、ガッカリです。断水時に使うための水は大きなバケツにたくさん溜めてあるけれど、家にいる間に水が出てくれないと補充が出来ないので困ります。

These days we have cuts in water supply every day. In rainy season it was only for a few hours a day without water, but now the tap runs only for a few hours a day.  I guess it's because we don't have enough rain these days.  I wonder what happens in dry season.  It's a bit depressing since I expected enough water from the dam in Akosombo.  I stock water in big buckets in my house, but if the tap doesn't run while I'm at home, I can't restock.


朝の数時間か夜の数時間どちらかしか出ないのですが、昨日は出勤前にも帰宅後にも水道は止まったまま。どうやら私が仕事してる間に出たらしく、補充の機会を逃してしまったので、今朝は水が出るまで出勤を遅らせました。といっても、30分だけだけどね。

The tap runs only for a few hours in the morning or in the evening, and yesterday I missed it while I was working in the office.  So, this morning, I didn't go to the office until I restock the empty buckets and bottles.  Well, it was only for 30 min though.

No comments:

Post a Comment